Want to feel more connected to your profession?
Become a member of the Canadian Council of Cardiovascular Nurses (CCCN)
Benefits of Becoming a Member
Join the CCCN an organization dedicated to advancing cardiovascular nursing through leadership, advocacy, research, and knowledge translation and help be the voice for cardiovascular nursing in Canada.
For a very competitive Membership Fee of $85.00/year (before tax credit) you will receive the following CCCN member benefits
- Be part of the collective voice of cardiovascular nursing, CCCN is the only voice of cardiovascular nursing in Canada
- Demonstrate your commitment to Cardiovascular Nursing and raise your professional profile
- Opportunity to be a formal mentor or receive mentorship through our “The Courage Within” Mentorship program
- Subscription to the Canadian Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing (CJCN), the Council’s peer-reviewed, electronic journal, and only national journal of cardiovascular nursing
- On-line access to previous issues of the CJCN
- Receive a copy of the Standards for Cardiovascular Nursing Practice
- Interesting monthly e-newsletters and weekly newsbriefs
- Website with resources for professional development and patient teaching
- Reduced registration fees for the Canadian Cardiovascular Congress and CCCN spring conference
- 20% discount on their CNA Certification exam costs.
- Opportunities to volunteer on national and local committees
- Opportunities to participate in the development of position statements
- Educational assistance in preparation for writing the CNA exam in CV nursing with access to our certification study guide
- Eligibility for continuous learning activities toward renewal of CNA Cardiovascular Certification
- Access to clinical practice resources on the website (ACS, Hypothermia & TAVI)
- Networking opportunities
- Eligibility for the CCCN membership recognition awards: Research Excellence Award in Cardiovascular Nursing, Health Promotion and Advocacy Excellence Award in Cardiovascular Nursing, Lynne Childs Clinical Excellence Award in Cardiovascular Nursing, Mae Gallant Leadership Excellence Award in Cardiovascular Nursing
- Liaison with the Canadian Nurses Association and volunteer as an exam development subject matter expert
- Informative monthly webinars
- Assistance with abstract writing and developing research ideas
- Voting privileges at the Annual General Meeting to shape the direction of CCCN
- Access to the Annual Report
- Opportunities for professional development by presenting at local and national conferences and publishing in a peer-reviewed journal
- Chances to win prizes during membership engagement activities
- Networking opportunities with nurse experts across the country in various sub-specialties
- Access to research grants pending budget approval
Personal Insurance: Our partnership serves you well with exclusive rates on home and auto insurance. Get a quote. Your exclusive group rate in as little as 10 minutes. Call 1-888-476-8737 or visit www.thepersonal.com/cccn.