- Formation of CCCN
- CCCN holds its first national scientific sessions in Halifax
- First issue of the Bulletin of Cardiovascular Nursing
- Standards of Cardiovascular Nursing Practice are authored by CCCN
- First issue of Canadian Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing
- Standards for Cardiovascular Health Education are authored by CCCN
- Standards for Cardiovascular Nursing are revised by CCCN
- First Certification Exam in Cardiovascular offered by CNA
- Modification of the French name of the CCCN to Conseil canadien des infirmieres et infirmiers en soins cardiovasculaires.
- Awards program revised by CCCN
- Celebrated CCCN’s 35th Anniversary created a banner in recognition of 35th Anniversary
- Standards revised by CCCN
- Contracted Association management to RCAM
- CCCN Speaks Out in Canadian Nurses Association report "Registered Nurses: On the Front Lines of Wait Times"
- Profiled in the Canadian Nurse Journal
- Created a 2nd premiere clinically focused event as a National Annual Spring Conference “Update Your Cardiovascular Nursing Toolkit”
- Received 3 Certificates of Excellence Awards from Hypertension Canada
- Ratified CCCN Conflict of Interest Policy & CCCN Annual Meeting and Scientific Sessions Conflict of Interest Disclosure Policy
- Developed relationships/partnerships with multiple corporate sponsors.
- Contracted Association management to AMCES
- Changed CCCN's fiscal year and membership year to reflect a calendar year
- Introduced new governance structure
- Update your cardiovascular tool kit continued on May 25th, 2012 at the Ramada Hotel and Convention Centre, Regina, Saskatchewan
- Membership exceeded 1200
- Industry partnerships continue
- BOD portfolios expanded to reflect the work being done. For example the journal editor is now the director of publications and health promotion has expanded to encompass advocacy
- Governance restructuring has resulted in a more efficient and cost effective BOD
Canadian Cardiovascular Congress, October 24 - 27, 2019, Montreal, QC. Click here for more details.
Canadian Council of Cardiovascular Nurses Spring Nursing Conference & Annual General Meeting, "Update Your Cardiovascular Nursing Toolkit",
Friday May 22nd - May 23rd, 2020, Calgary, AB. Click here for more details.