This is your opportunity to ask an expert a question on a particular topic area. Questions will be accepted for the first 3 weeks of each month with responses recorded and posted at the end of the month. Questions can be submitted to: AsktheExpert@cccn.ca
until April 23rd, 2021
Topic for April: Acute Coronary Syndromes
Expert: Julie Kim RN(EC), MN
The following questions were received for March. To view the responses to these questions, please click here
- Why does my patient, who is not diabetic, have empagaflozin ordered?
- Can you start medications like Entresto and Ivabradine in the ICU?
- I see more and more patients with HF going for peritoneal dialysis - why?
- Is a BNP of 25,000 Bad? What does BNP really measure?
- My patient has a new diagnosis of HF - Do they need to go to a specialist? Can their PCP take care of them?
- My patient is in CCU and not voiding - When would we stop uptitrating Laxis and start CRRT? Should we change from bolus doses of IV Lasix to an infusion before we think dialysis?
- Can you explain the difference between diastolic and systolic dysfunction as well as the difference in treatment?